NDY5-NjA2-Nzgx-MjQ1-MzM5-NjE1?bWVn-YWxp-bms=

APCHI SIR AT PRESENT IN INDIA AFTER 26 YEARS OF BRILLIANT LIFE IN BHUTAN

APCHI SIR AT PRESENT IN INDIA AFTER 26 YEARS OF BRILLIANT LIFE IN BHUTAN
Dear Students (My Little Buddhas), my dear friends and colleagues and my loving brothers and sisters,
Through this letter,  i would like to inform you about my present life and work in my motherland about which I  feel responsible as many of you, my well wishers are concerned and eager to know what I am doing and how I am living along with my family members. It is a long and heart breaking story.

By the will of Providence, in 2012 I made the greatest and most difficult decision of my life - to resign from my sacred job and holy life in Bhutan.
Simultaneously I was invited to join the first girls high school in Bhutan, Utpal Academy, Paro, the school that I love and honour so much. However, my willingness to repatriate overweighed the willingness to join Utpal Academy. So, on Saturday 30th March, 2013, I put k an end to my historic and heavenly life in Bhutan and on the same day I reached my hometown. My hometown from Chukha is only five hours’ journey.  My family members and neighbours in India were shocked for this action because my job was my bread and butter not only for me but also for my family. Like my Bhutanese well wishers, my Indian dear and near ones also could not agree with my decision and action and expressed their fear and concern.

I was given an overwhelming farewell by W.M.S.S, C.H.P.C, community members at Chukha and by Phuntsholing HSS principal, Madam Yangki Dem and Mr.K.C Jose (my favourite English Teacher) and Mr. Ganeshman Gurung, N.I.E lecturer at Phuentsholing.

But soon after my arrival hereI felt lost in total darkness. I was in a great stress, strain and trauma. I gave up all hope of my survival. I not only lost my mental balance but also lost my peace and sleep for about six months. I was under medical care for several months.

But a miracle happened towards the end of the year. I started feeling renewed and re-energized. There took place 180 degree turn in my life. I realized the truth of Mahatma Gandhiji's saying, "God’s delay is not His denial."

It started like this: In the history of my hometown, for the first time West Bengal  Government organized its State Level Football Tournament October 8,9 and 10. I felt as if this historic occasion was a welcome event to bless me for my new life. "I prostrate before Thee, o Lord, for your love and kindness!" This historical Football tournament included people from all parts of West Bengal even from Calcutta, the capital of the state. I felt enthusiastic to be part of the tournament though Ii was a stranger then to most of the people. As the Lord willed, I ventured and volunteered to be the English commentator of the three-day tournament. My request was granted by the authorities of the historic tournament. Thus I was commentator for the three-day football tournament. This venture made me and my English wealth, the Gift of God and the Royal Govt. of Bhutan and the Bhutanese, known to the kind, compassionate and farsighted people of my hometown. Soon many parents and students of different classes started to approach me to teach English to the children. As I love children and English teaching by which I want to serve the Almighty, I have accepted them all. Though life here is very challenging for many reasons in compare to that of Bhutan where I lived and worked like a king, I am fully happy with what I am and what God has given me in my hometown.
 Thanks to Madam Yangki Dem, the present Principal of Phuentsholing Higher Secondary School, who built me to be a football commentator when I worked at Nangkor Higher secondary School under her guidance and leadership in Pemagatshel.  “Madam Yangki, I am in short of words to express my gratitude to you. You have supported, enriched, shaped and nourished me as a mother does to her children. You have moulded thousands of jewel pieces, students, and your two lovely sons who are going to be great pillars to support and rebuilt the heavenly kingdom. It has been more than a year since I left Bhutan, but your voice is still rejuvenating and re-energizing to me. I can never forget your earnest effort to explore job for me in order to get me back to Bhutan when I had fallen in bad state following my resignation from the noble and royal teaching job and repatriation. Madam, I only pray that Lord reward you what you deserve through your compassionate service for humanity.

Now i invest my time, energy, skills, experiences and all other resources that the Royal Government of Bhutan has endowed me with. We teach English to students ranging from class III to post graduation level. Today i realize the truth of the words of Dasho Penden Wangckuk, the cabinet secretary, Royal Government of Bhutan: "Mr. Chowdhury, keep in mind, Good Work will never go un-noticed......" and the wisdom of the words of Mr. John Stewart, counsellor, New Brunswick University, " Mr. Chowdhury, wherever you are in this world, if you work and live for the good of people they will always accept you as a part of their life and family....." I find and experience a lot of truth in the words of these highly learned and important men. Yes i agree that if we live and work for others, the whole world belongs to us. Today i have belongingness to India as well as Bhutan equally. Both the countries and their people are my families. So for me whether we are Indian, Bhutanese, American or British makes little difference.




Plase feel free to share your thoughts, and let's foster a positive and engaging community together. Note: Kindly refrain from spamming or posting inappropriate messages. Such behavior may be traced through your IP address, leading to potential legal consequences.

0 Comments