NDY5-NjA2-Nzgx-MjQ1-MzM5-NjE1?bWVn-YWxp-bms=

23rd April ---WORLD BOOK DAY (Birth Day of William Shakespeare)

23rd April ---WORLD BOOK DAY (Birth Day of William Shakespeare)


MY DEAR GLOBAL PARENTS AND BROTHERS AND SISTERS,
May I wish you a very HAPPY and HEAVENLY WORLD BOOK DAY!

1.       Late President Abraham Lincoln said: “What I want to know, I get only in the books. If somebody gives me a book which I haven’t read, he is my true friend.”

2.       Writer Ruskin Bond said: “Books are our never failing friends. They will never betray us as our cunning and calculative friends sometimes may. They are always a source of pleasure and inspiration.”

3.       “The best property that you can give to your child is a good library.”

4.       “By reading we discover our world, our history, and ourselves.”
DANIEL J. BOORSTIN

5.       “Books have meant to my life what the sun has meant to the earth.”
                                                                   EARL NIGHTINGALE

6.       “The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.”         MARK TWAIN

7.       “Many times the reading of a book has made the future of a man.”
                                                                    RALPH WALDO EMERSON

8.       “A good book contains more real wealth than a good bank.”
                                                                  ROY L. SMITH

9.       Reading, like no other medium, can transform your life in a flash, and you never know which book… at which time in your life….. might be the one that rocks your world and inspires you in ways you never thought possible before.”
                                                                   BURKE HEDGES

“For fifteen years I have been  intensely studying earthly life. It is true I have not seen the earth nor men, but in your books I have drunk flagrant wine, I have sung songs, I have hunted stags and wild boars in the forest, have loved women…….Beauties as ethereal as clouds, created by magic of your poets and geniuses, have visited me at night, and whispered in my ears wonderful tales that have set my brain in a whirl. In your books I have climbed  to the peaks of Elburz and Mount Blanc, and from there I have seen the sun rise and watched it at evening flood the sky, the ocean, and the mountain tops with gold crimson. I have watched from there the lightning flashing over my head and clearing the storm clouds. I have seen green forests, fields, rivers, lakes, towns. I have heard the singing of the sirens and the strains of the shepherds’ pipes. I have touched the wings of comely devils who flew down  to converse with me of GOD……..In your books I have flung into the bottomless pit, performed miracles, slain, burned towns, preached new religions, conquered whole kingdoms…………….  “Your books have given me wisdom. All that the unresting thought of man has created in the ages is compressed into a small compass in my brain. I know I am wiser than all of you.”
                   Source: ‘THE BET’  by Anton Chekov                                                                      

"Literacy is the door to knowledge, essential to individual self-esteem and empowerment. Books, in all forms, play an essential role here. "

Irina Bokova


Plase feel free to share your thoughts, and let's foster a positive and engaging community together. Note: Kindly refrain from spamming or posting inappropriate messages. Such behavior may be traced through your IP address, leading to potential legal consequences.

0 Comments