NDY5-NjA2-Nzgx-MjQ1-MzM5-NjE1?bWVn-YWxp-bms=

ON THE 74TH INDEPENDENCE DAY OF BHARAT- MATA

ON THE 74TH INDEPENDENCE DAY OF BHARAT- MATA


I am a reborn Indian through the grace of the Bhutanese King who is a brilliant embodiment of the Almighty Lord Himself. It is the King who injected in me a new spirit to feel proud of my Mother India – a fiery spirit of patriotism, on their auspicious Teachers' Day, May 2, ( 2020), at the historic celebration of the Fifty Years of Enduring Friendship between India and Bhutan in the capital city of the nation,Thimphu. Since the Divine king’s grace and amazing recognition of the Indian teachers for our humble services in the kingdom, a chain of miracles and marvels occurred in my life whose culmination I experienced yesterday, on our 74th Independence Day (15 August 2020).  Mother India showered all her blessings upon me with her generous and bountiful hands.

All good things in life happen by the grace of God which must be sung as gratitude prayers. I narrate the following story as my gratitude prayer. The Royal recognition has made me a special citizen in the eyes of Dr Nilratan Sarkar, a renowned dental surgeon of Tufangunj under Cooch Behar district of West Bengal. The doctor has been so much inspired by the news that for the last two years I have been always treated as a guest of honour in his multifaceted SEVA centre. Thus, my every visit almost every month has been a felicitation ceremony. Despite his hectic schedule in serving dozens of patients daily from far and wide, he creates special moments to extend his heartiest hospitality to me. Beside his different gestures of hospitality and humanity, the doctor has been earnestly nourishing my oral health, beautifying my face and rejuvenating my life with his astoundingly skilled hands, holy heart and profound wisdom as a token of his love and generosity. Though it is a lockdown world, the doctor remains busy day in and day out serving the flood of needy patients. Our Independence Day 2020 was no exception. But I was a priority in his schedule of the auspicious day. It was in his thought to bestow recognition on me formally on behalf of our Indian nation on the 74th Independence Day. Accordingly, a week ago I was asked to visit his service centre on the day. All plan and preparation were up to the peak. I went to the doctor with my son. We were extended the heartiest welcome. After refreshment, the doctor had informed me of his plan. I felt overwhelmed by the touch of his incredible love and patriotism. Then he plunged in pouring the shower of his honour and recognition. My eyes welled up with tears for the bliss of Mother India’s sacred touch through the generous touch of the doctor. Through the doctor’s hands, I felt the touch of the Divine hands of Mother India and of the hands of my one hundred thirty crores sisters and brothers of India. The doctor reiterated his admiration and appreciation about my contribution to the Bhutanese education and the Royal Government’s sky-high recognition. He said, “On behalf of our Indian nation, I bestow upon you this honour which you deserve and was long due.” To me, the doctor's recognition has been like an Indian national award.

Though chronologically I am at the dusk of my life but a dawn has broken in my spirit at 63 for the doctor’s gestures of generosity. In response to the glorious event, I declared “I am a reborn Indian today. A great responsibility for my country and countrymen descends on me. Henceforth I will live in the thought and spirit – ‘Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country’. I pledge to devote the rest of my life to moulding myself into a responsible citizen, knowing my country and countrymen and to learning our Indian culture and tradition which has been eclipsed by Western culture.”

The striking occasion reminds me of Dale Carnegie who wrote: We nourish the bodies of our children and friends and employees, but how seldom do we nourish their self-esteem? We provide them with roast beef and potatoes to build energy, but we neglect to give them kind words of appreciation that would sing in their memories for years like the music of the morning stars.

Dr. Nilratan Sarkar is a man of multi-talents and traits who injects new life and flaming spirit into his visitors besides providing unparalleled oral health services. Many come to him depressed and go back cheerful and vibrant.

Spiritual Emerson writes “…..And this witty malefactor makes their little hope less with satire and skepticism, and slackens the springs of endeavour. Yes, this is easy; but to help the young soul, add energy, inspire hope and blow the coals into a useful flame; to redeem defeat by new thought, by firm action, that is not easy, that is the work of the divine men."

According to the above philosophy of Spiritual Emerson, Dr Nilratan is a divine man and a divine doctor.

BHARAT MATA KI JAI!

PALDEN DRUKPA GYALO!


Plase feel free to share your thoughts, and let's foster a positive and engaging community together. Note: Kindly refrain from spamming or posting inappropriate messages. Such behavior may be traced through your IP address, leading to potential legal consequences.

0 Comments