NDY5-NjA2-Nzgx-MjQ1-MzM5-NjE1?bWVn-YWxp-bms=

CELEBRATION OF GOD’S LOVE (Rewards of life in Bhutan)

CELEBRATION OF GOD’S LOVE (Rewards of life in Bhutan)
O Lord, I thank you for your love in sending me to the Himalayan Kingdom - Bhutan. It is for the shower of your love and grace the multi - faceted beauty of children blossomed in my eyes in the loving lap of the tiny kingdom, and out of my ecstasy of their beauty I have celebrated their glories by simply calling them ‘Little Buddhas’. The beauty of the children fills my heart as the beauty of the clear December night- stars do. I have experienced your loving touch from the touch of the children. Now I know why Mother Teresa had embarked upon her journey of Missionaries of Charity at Motijhil, Kolkata, with a handful of children as her flowers to worship God. For the same truth, Nobel Laureate Tagore has written: “From the solemn gloom of the temple children run out to sit in the dust. God watches them play and forgets the priest.”

O Lord, I thank you for your love in sending me to the Himalayan kingdom - Bhutan. So lovingly you had blessed me with the sacred responsibility of health services to my loving angels, the students, at Nangkor Higher Secondary School. It is so rewarding and igniting to recollect the memories of your love in my health services to the students for more than a decade. Today at this mature age, I realize when at many midnights and late nights carrying a hurricane lantern in the left hand and boiled water and medicines in the right  hand I walked solitary in the silent odd hours of the nights to the Boys’ Hostel and then back to the Girls’ Hostel  and visited the sick and suffering students from bed to bed and offered medicines and counseling for their recovery, it was the magic power of your love that worked miracles and kept me faithful to your trust and passionate to my duties.
 O Lord, I thank you for your love in sending me to the Himalayan kingdom - Bhutan. By the spell of your love and will, I was entrusted by my wise Principals, Mr. S.B. Rasaily at Tsebar Primary School and Mr. Sonam Wangyel at Nangkor Higher Secondary School to look after the school library wherein I was blessed to discover the magic world of books. And it is in the process of my devout journey through the holy pages of the Himalayan library books at Tsebar another world, the world of Yoga, surfaced to me. I encountered my Yoga teacher, Revered B. K. S.Iyengar in a page of a book and embraced the noble wealth of Yoga. By the wonder of Yoga, every new day a new petal with fresh beauty and fragrance unfolds in the flower of my life.

 O Lord, I thank you for your love in sending me to the Himalayan kingdom - Bhutan. By your love and trust, I was appointed with the sacred responsibility of looking after the Girls Hostel at Nangkor H.S. School, Pemagatshel, by my far-sighted Principals, Mr. Sonam Wangyel, Madam Yanki Dem, Mr. Jigme Yangtse, Mr. Sherub Gyeltshen and Mr. Tashi Chonjur. I felt your love and trust in the love and trust of my Principals. From my experience of eleven years’ service to my holy Himalayan daughters and close life with them I had discovered heavenly beauty,serenity and sublimity in each one of them. I have realized the truth of the Jewish proverb: “God could not go everywhere, so women have been sent.” Now I firmly believe that when men will be able to treat women with more honour and more dignity, a new light will shine in us.

O Lord, I thank you for your love in sending me to the Himalayan kingdom - Bhutan. Through my ardent journey through books which was inspired and ignited by the pure and pristine environment of the peaceful kingdom I have been empowered with a fresh layer of vision to see the incredible glories of my Motherland.--- Mr. Salil Gewali’s book ‘Great Minds on India’ has unveiled amazing facts about India’s contribution to the development of the entire world. The book is a compilation of the sayings of the world renowned scholars, scientists, philosophers and writers on India. The book opens up with the quote of Albert Einstein: “We owe a lot to the Indians who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.” Great American writer Mark Twain said: “India is the land of religions, cradle of human race, birth place of human speech, grandmother of legend, great grandmother of tradition. The land that all men desire to see and having seen once even by a glimpse, would not give that glimpse for the shows of the rest of the globe combined. Former American president Barrack Obama expressed: “My confidence in our shared future is grounded in my respect for India’s treasured past – a civilization that has been shaping the world for thousands of years. Indians unlocked the intricacies of the human body and the vastness of our universe. And it is no exaggeration to say that our information age is rooted in Indian innovations – including the number zero.” These are the three drops of quotations of the ocean like book.
The book ushered in a new era in my life. Without reading this book my life would have been in vain. The King of Bhutan as the Chief Guest at the Convocation Ceremony at Calcutta university in his speech said: “We need millions of Mahatmas but history has given us only one.” By the light of this book I feel awakened that every human being is destined to blossom into a mahatma and it is the need of the hour as our beloved king earnestly wished.

O Lord, I thank you for your love in sending me to the Himalayan kingdom- Bhutan, the last Shangri-La (heaven on the earth). It is there you had revealed your intoxicating love and beauty to me through the bounty of Nature; even in every grain of sand I had seen your love, loftiness and generousity. I savored the nourishing love of the sun, the moon, the stars, the wind, the rivers and all other natural phenomena in that highland. I am now awakened about the greatness of Nature and her transforming impact on human minds. The great souls like Rabindranath Tagore and William Wordsworth were ignited, elevated and fully blossomed by the magic spell and splendor of Nature. Today the Mother Nature truly stands for me as the greatest educator and motivator for I have experienced the magic power of Mother Nature in Bhutan.  American Naturalist, John Burroughs shared: “If I were to name the three most precious resources of life, I should say books, friends and nature; and the greatest of these, at least the most constant and always at hand, is nature. Nature we have always with us, an inexhaustible storehouse of that which moves the heart, appeals to the mind, and fires the imagination – health to the body, a stimulus to the intellect, and joy to the soul. To the scientist, nature is a storehouse of facts, laws, processes; to the artist she is a storehouse of pictures; to the poet she is a storehouse of images, fancies, a source of inspiration; to the moralist she is a storehouse of precepts and parables; to all she may be a source a of knowledge and joy.”Perhaps it is the magic power of Nature that has propelled and lifted the famous writer Ruskin Bond to a great height who has taken shelter in the lap of Nature at the hill station of Mussourie, India

Santosh Chowdhury

Ex-teacher, Bhutan

Plase feel free to share your thoughts, and let's foster a positive and engaging community together. Note: Kindly refrain from spamming or posting inappropriate messages. Such behavior may be traced through your IP address, leading to potential legal consequences.

0 Comments